Depending upon which bitch and sire combination we breed, different litters are of different bloodline quality. There are rarely any CHAMPION SIRED litters that are sold to the general public on the open market, with out extremely restrictive show contracts, so these pups are premium pups, with a premium price. Other litters have many Champions in there bloodline (Pedigree), but the sire is not a finished, Titled Champion with AKC. /UKC or Int/Nat Champion .
Also in each litter, there are pups that embody what a boxer should look like a little more, or less, than others. Although all of these pups should make very good family pets, not all have the physical traits that I would want for my breeding program. I have tried to do an honest assessment on each to determine if they would be best suited as pets only, if they would have a future as a show dog, or be best used in someones breeding program. The difference could be minor flaws in coloring, markings, top line, head shape, or body proportion.
Those sold at pet price will come with LIMITED AKC registration, as a pet only, with NO BREEDING RIGHTS. These puppies must be spayed or neutered between 7-12 months unless discussed at the time of purchase. Be sure that if you are looking for breeding rights, you read the puppy's description carefully.Why should I buy a pup from PP Boxers??
Choosing a breeder is a difficult, confusing, and basically scary task. From Picture Perfect Boxers, you can expect:
We only breed to the best AKC /UKC/Int/Nat Champion Stud dogs.
We only breed to improve the breed, often because we want to keep a puppy from the litter ourselves.
All of our Boxers are heart tested by a Veterinary Cardiologist prior to breeding. The one test that is ABSOLUTELY NECESSARY in the Boxer breed is Heart testing. The majority of our girls age 2 or older . Though this is more for peace of mind rather than necessity.
OUR PUPPIES COME WITH:
Tails and dew claws removed. 1 parvo only vaccine given at 5 weeks, and the standard 4 way vaccination given at 8 weeks. We also de-worm the puppies at2, 4,6, and 8 weeks. We treat preventatively for Coccidia and Giardia as well.
The puppies are examined by our veterinarian at 7 or 8 weeks of age, before going to their new homes.
A 1 year genetic, 2 year hip, 5 year heart replacement warranty that is the best I have seen for this breed.
Ear cropping ($350-400), Travel certificate ($40), Travel crates (at cost), Cargo shipping (at cost $400+)
Other reasons why people choose our dogs...
- Unparalleled professionalism. Call around to a few breeders. You'll see.
- Easy-to-potty train puppies. Our pups never see the inside of a kennel cage?, and by cage we mean the kind where there are ten, twenty, fifty, or more cages all lined up and probably stacked in an outbuilding. Ever had a friend who literally COULD NOT train a dog to not go in the house? You can bet that that animal was raised pooping in the corner of a cage, right next to where its food and water were located. We pre crate-train your pup. After theyve been nursing for four or more weeks in a whelping box with their mommas, we move the puppies to the kitchen. We let the pups outside four to five times a day, until their new family takes them home.For us, this isby far the most difficult path to take, but the rewards for the prospective buyer are enormous, and the pups enjoy the outdoors. Obviously, all litters are different, but these pups are usually waiting to go outside and do their business there, instead of where they sleep/eat at the age of six weeks. Pretty cool, huh?
- Dogs bred not only for looks and bloodlines, but also for temperament and Health. Breeding excellent puppies has many parts and to neglect temperament, and health issues to have a perfect looking dog is as bad as breeding dogs that don't fit the standard for looks. If we keep a pup or acquire a bitch from another breeder, and shes anything other than awesome with the kids and/or other dogs, we will place her as a pet to a family or person who knows the dogs problems. We have lost thousands of dollars executing this policy (Pay $2,000 for a champion sired uber-pup that beats up all the other dogs, sell her for $500 as a pet after feeding/vetting/training for nine months. Ouch!).
- Honesty. We routinely talk prospective buyers out of a pup that we believe would be, for example, too rambunctious for their small children. If we feel a pup isn't perfect for you, you can count on us letting you know. Again, we only keep bitches with the very best attitude, cooperativeness, demeanor, etc.. This policy helps ensure that you get a wonderful pet to enjoy for many years.
- Follow-up. We want to hear from you after you take your pup . . . good, or not. We HIGHLY encourage you to contact us prior to taking your dog to an emergency vet. We can save you, literally, thousands of dollars.